What You Need: (click to download)
With the bObsweep mobile app, you can control your bot, access digital resources, and shop for parts and accessories, all from one place. To unlock the app’s full suite of features, connect your bot to Wi-Fi.
This guide is applicable to only Dustin models.
Connect your Bot to Wi-Fi
1. Before starting, make sure Dustin is fully charged and powered ON. To power ON Dustin, press the GO button and hold. Dustin’s lights will flash and he’ll chime to confirm he’s powered ON.
2. Turn Bluetooth On on your phone if it’s not already.
3. Connect your phone to a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network. Memorize or write down your 2.4Ghz network’s password and keep it handy. Dustin is not compatible with 5Ghz networks.
4. Then, confirm that your Location Services is turned on. You can find Location Services in the settings on your phone. This feature is called “Location Services” on iPhones and “Location” on Androids.
5. Lastly, arrange your modem, phone, and bot together in one room, as close as possible. They’ll need to be nearby to ensure a successful cloud connection.
bObsweep App Setup
1. Download the “bObsweep” app on the Google Play store for Androids, or the App Store for iPhones.
2. Once downloaded, open the app. If prompted, give “bObsweep” access to your location. Tap “Allow While Using App.”
3. Log in to your bObsweep account. If you do not already have an existing bObsweep account on the bObsweep website, you can create one now and log in.
4. After you’ve finished logging in or creating your account, select your model of bObsweep. You can always add more models later.
5. Give your bot a nickname so that you can easily keep track of it and differentiate it from others in your home. Tap “Continue” to proceed.
Carefully read the instructions to make sure you’ve completed all the necessary steps before beginning Wi-Fi pairing. Location Services should be enabled on your phone, and your bot should be fully charged and powered on.
Initiating Wi-Fi Pairing
1. Select your 2.4Ghz network and enter the password, then tap “Confirm”. If prompted, Allow bObsweep to find nearby devices.
2. Press and hold the “Wi-Fi” button for a few seconds until the bot says “Connecting to Wi-Fi” and the Wi-Fi indicator starts blinking. Tap “Continue” to proceed.
3. A drawing of Dustin appears on the screen. Tap on Dustin’s image and your bot will attempt to connect to Wi-Fi.
4. Wait for Dustin to complete the searching, connecting, and initializing steps. Dustin will make a few announcements as he goes through these steps.
5. When Dustin is successfully connected to Wi-Fi, he will announce: “Connection Successful”, and the WiFi indicator shines solid.
Now that your bot is connected to Wi-Fi, you can control Dustin, give him a cleaning schedule, define his cleaning zones, or connect him to your Alexa or Google Home devices.
- Digital versions of your Quick Start Guide and Owner’s Manual are available to view on the “Home” page of the bObsweep app.
Schedule & Control
- Set Bob’s schedule and send him to clean or charge on the “Sweep” page of the bObsweep app.
Quick Tip: To disable all audio messages, mute Bob’s speaker on the “Sweep” page.
- Shop for parts and accessories on the “Shop” page of the bObsweep app.