What You Need: (click to shop)
Replacing bObi's Side Brush Motor
bObi's modular design makes it easy to replace old or damaged parts from home. For this repair, you'll need a Phillips head screwdriver and a replacement side brush motor.
Before we get started, turn bObi Pet OFF and flip her over onto a flat surface.
1. Use the screwdriver to remove the side brush on bObi Pet’s underside.
2. Next, remove the dustbin.
3. You will then need to remove bObi Pet’s front wheel. Grip the wheel with your hand and pull straight up, using the screwdriver for leverage. Behind the wheel are two screws. There is a larger screw set deeper in the wheel compartment. Use the screwdriver to remove it.
Keep this screw, and all other screws removed from bObi Pet for later reassembly.
4. Remove the screws on both sides of the dustbin. Then, remove the corner pieces that were held down by the screws.
5. Grip the brush compartment and pull down to reveal two screws on a red fastener. Remove them with the screwdriver. Pull the brush compartment up until it is freed from the red fastener. Then, detach the brush compartment and set it aside.
6. Remove the 4 screws located beneath the brush compartment.
7. Remove the 2 screws on the dustbin’s red fastener. Remove the fastener and set it aside for reassembly.
The cover is no longer secured, so carefully bObi Pet onto her wheels.
8. Lift the cover to reveal the main board underneath. Remove the two circuit plugs connecting the lid to the mainboard.
9. Place the cover aside and you’re ready to replace any of bObi Pet’s internal parts.
The side brush motor is attached to the right side of the mainboard by one red and black twisted wire.
10. Press the small white tab and pull to unplug it from the mainboard. If there is glue holding the wire onto bObi Pet, you may scrape it off using your screwdriver.
11. Next remove the 3 screws holding the side brush motor onto bObi Pet, and lift the motor straight up.
12. Line up the replacement motor with the screw posts and push it down so it lies flat. Next, reinstall the 3 screws. Lastly, attach the circuit plug to the mainboard and you’ll be ready to close the cover.
13. Attach the 2 circuit plugs from the over back onto her mainboard.
- The yellow-wired plug on bObi Pet’s lid connects to the right side of the mainboard.
- The white-wired plug connects to the center of the mainboard.
14. Lay down the cover and line up the edges precisely. While holding bObi Pet’s top and bottom together, carefully flip her over onto a flat surface.
15. Next, reinstall the front wheel’s screw. Place the front wheel on top and firmly push down to secure it.
16. Replace the dustbin’s red fastener and install its 2 screws.
17. Next, install the 4 screws in the space beneath the brush compartment.
18. Plug in the brush compartment. Then, replace its red brush fastener and install the 2 screws. Position the brush compartment back in its original place. Make sure the rubber strip is not stuck under the brush compartment.
19. Now reinsert the corner pieces on both sides of the dustbin, with the arms of the brush attachment linked.
20. Lastly, reinstall the 2 screws in each of the corner pieces.
Make sure the bin can slide in easily before using bObi Pet again. Congratulations on completing bObi Pet's side brush motor replacement, and happy cleaning!