What You Need: (click to shop)
Home Checkup Test
If bObi is not performing as well as she used to, you can diagnose the problem with a simple home checkup test.
If bObi fails any part of the checkup test, she may need a replacement part. In this case, please contact our support team at 1-888-549-8847 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our business hours are Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. PT.
To put bObi in checkup mode:
1. Flip bObi’s power switch OFF.
2. Press and hold the OK button on the remote while switching bObi’s power switch ON. Continue holding the OK button.
3. bObi’s touchscreen buttons will start flashing. While still holding down the OK button on the remote, simultaneously press the WAFFLE and JUICE buttons on bObi’s cover.
4. bObi will beep twice to confirm that she is in checkup mode. You may now release the OK button on the remote. The current and scheduled times should clear from the remote, and GO!, JUICE, and WAFFLE should all remain lit on bObi’s cover. The 5 lights above the touchscreen buttons should cycle sequentially.
bObi is now in checkup mode.
- Press RGHT on bObi’s remote to cycle through each step of the checkup test.
- Press LEFT to alternate between subsections of each step. The checkup mode indicator shows which step of the test bObi is in.
Step 1: Edge & Wheel Sensors
The checkup mode indicator should read 0000. Numbers 1 – 4 at the top of the remote represent bObi’s 4 edge sensors, and the numbers 5 and 6 represent the 2 ground sensors inside bObi’s left and right wheels.
Remove bObi's side brush before testing her edge sensors.
What to do:
- With bObi on the floor, numbers 1 – 4 should be underlined to show that bObi’s edge sensors are working.
- Lift bObi about 6 inches (15 cm) off the ground. The 4 lines under numbers 1 –4 should disappear, and numbers 5 and 6 should be underlined.
Step 2: Firmware Version
What to do:
- While in mode 0000, press LEFT on the remote. The checkup mode indicator should read 0001.
- The main 4-digit number in the center of the screen indicates the firmware version of your bObi.