What You Need: (click to shop)
bObi's modular design makes it easy to replace old or damaged parts from home. For this repair, you'll need a Phillips head screwdriver and a replacement UV lamp.
Replacing bObi's UV Lamp
1. Turn bObi Pet OFF and flip her over onto a flat surface.
2. Next, remove the dustbin.
3. You will then need to remove bObi Pet’s front wheel. Grip the wheel with your hand and pull straight up, using the screwdriver for leverage. Behind the wheel are two screws. There is a larger screw set deeper in the wheel compartment. Use the screwdriver to remove it.
Keep this screw, and all other screws removed from bObi Pet for later reassembly.
4. For the next step, remove the screws on both sides of the dustbin.
5. Then, remove the corner pieces that were held down by the screws.
6. Grip the brush compartment and pull down to reveal two screws on a red fastener. Remove them with the screwdriver. Pull the brush compartment up until it is freed from the red fastener. Then, detach the brush compartment and set it aside.
7. Remove the 4 screws located beneath the brush compartment.
8. Next, remove the 2 screws on the dustbin’s red fastener. Remove the fastener and set it aside for reassembly.
9. The cover is no longer secured, so carefully Bobi put onto her wheels.
10. Lift the cover to reveal the main board underneath. Remove the two circuit plugs connecting the lid to the mainboard. Place the cover aside and you’re ready to replace any of bObi Pet’s internal parts.
11. You’ll find the UV lamp on bObi’s left side. Remove the small, red-and-black-wired circuit plug, and break off any glue holding it in place.
12. Next, remove the 2 screws on the UV lamp. Then, remove 2 more screws on the black circuit cover.
13. Lift the black cover up to expose the small circuit board for bObi’s UV lamp. Slide the circuit board up to remove. Then, gently push the UV lamp out of its spot from underneath. Lift out the whole lamp, including the cover plate, ensuring there’s space for the new parts.
14. Lay the replacement lamp in the empty space. Place the cover plate in first, then the lightbulb on top. Once the lamp lies flat, install its 2 screws.
15. Next, slide the new circuit board down into its holder and replace the black cover. Tuck the lamp’s wires through the the indentations at the bottom of the cover before installing the 2 screws.
16. Now attach the lamp’s circuit plug to the mainboard and you’re ready to close the cover.
17. Attach the 2 circuit plugs from the over back onto her mainboard.
- The yellow-wired plug on bObi Pet’s lid connects to the right side of the mainboard.
- The white-wired plug connects to the center of the mainboard.
18. Lay down the cover and line up the edges precisely.
19. While holding bObi Pet’s top and bottom together, carefully flip her over onto a flat surface.
20. Next, reinstall the front wheel’s screw. Place the front wheel on top and firmly push down to secure it.
21. Replace the dustbin’s red fastener and install its 2 screws.
22. Next, install the 4 screws in the space beneath the brush compartment.
23. Plug in the brush compartment. Then, replace its red brush fastener and install the 2 screws.
24. Position the brush compartment back in its original place. Make sure the rubber strip is not stuck under the brush compartment.
25. Now reinsert the corner pieces on both sides of the dustbin, with the arms of the brush attachment linked.
26. Lastly, reinstall the 2 screws in each of the corner pieces.
Make sure the bin can slide in easily before using bObi Pet again. Congratulations on completing bObi’s UV lamp replacement and happy cleaning!
7. Let Bob Sweep!