Cleaning Bob’s Sensors
Edge and Wall Sensors
Dust on Bob’s wall and edge sensors can reduce his performance. Bob's wall sensors are located along his bumper, and his edge sensors are located on his underside. Regularly cleaning these sensors ensures that Bob keeps working at his best.
To clean Bob’s wall and edge sensors:
1. Wipe the wall and edge sensors using a soft cloth slightly dampened with cold water or alcohol.
For a more efficient clean, Bob is equipped with dirt sensors. If Bob reaches a particularly dirty spot while cleaning, his dirt sensors will activate, the word DIRT will appear on his screen, and Bob will focus his attention on the spot. Bob's dirt sensors are located on the back wall of his interior, where the dustbin attaches.
To clean Bob's dirt sensors:
1. Wipe them with a soft cloth.
Deactivating Bob's Edge Sensors
Dark-colored carpet and certain floor patterns may seem like edges to Bob’s edge sensors. If Bob displays TROUBLE NR. 04 while working on your carpet, then you may need to temporarily deactivate his sensors.
Caution: When the edge sensors have been deactivated, Bob will be unable to detect stairs or edges.
To deactivate Bob’s edge sensors:
1. Flip Bob’s power switch ON.
2. Hold down the UV button on Bob’s cover. The 5 bars on top of Bob’s screen will begin to flash.
3. After the 5 bars flash 7 times and remain still, release the UV button. The 5 bars will remain lit. This means Bob’s edge sensors are deactivated.
Reactivating Bob's Edge Sensors
To reactivate Bob’s edge sensors:
1. Hold down the UV button on Bob’s cover. The 5 bars on top of the screen will begin to flash.
2. After the 5 bars flash 7 times and disappear, release the UV button. Bob’s edge sensors have been reactivated.
Need to Replace a Part? (click to shop)