Bob’s microfiber mopping cloth can pick up dirt while both wet and dry. Remove the mop attachment when Bob is cleaning carpets or rugs. Or, you may use blOck Plus™ to keep Bob away from carpet while he is mopping.
To remove Bob’s mop attachment:
1. Lift the mop attachment on the edge that sits on top of Bob’s dustbin.
2. Pull up until the mop detaches.
Dustbin and Filters
To empty the dustbin:
1. Push the center button on Bob’s back to release the dustbin. Then, slide the dustbin out.
2. Open the transparent gate to empty the bin.
3. You may wipe the dustbin with a dry cloth or brush it with the cleaning tool.
4.When done, replace the transparent gate and slide the dustbin back into Bob.
Important Note: Do not wash the dustbin or fill it with water or any other liquid.
Three filters are located inside the dustbin’s ceiling. These filters capture fine particles and allergens, and prevent them from escaping the dustbin.
To remove the filters:
1. Eject the dustbin by pressing the button on Bob’s back.
2. Pull out the filter’s frame.
3. You will see three filter layers:
HEPA Filter - For sub-micron particles
Electrostatic Filter - For fine particles
Mesh Filter - For larger particles
Important Note: Use the cleaning tool to brush dust off the filters. It is recommended that you change Bob’s filters about every 6 months.
It is recommended that you remove and clean Bob’s main brush on a weekly basis.
To clean the main brush:
1. Remove the screw securing Bob’s main brush using a flat head screwdriver.
2. Use the cleaning tool to remove debris from both ends of the brush as well as Bob’s brush compartment.
3. You may use a pair of scissors to cut away any hair or thread wrapped around the brush, or a pair of tweezers to remove congestion from the notches where the main brush is held.
To reinstall the main brush:
1. Replace the brush cap and insert the opposite end of the brush into the square indentation inside Bob.
2. Lower the brush into place and re-tighten the screw.
Bob’s side brush extends his reach and allows him to sweep along corners and walls. When Bob is first delivered to you, his side brush is not installed.
To install Bob's side brush:
1. Use the flat head screwdriver and short screw included in Bob’s box to secure the side brush into the empty socket on Bob’s underside.
Important Note: It is recommended that you remove and clean Bob’s side brush on a weekly basis.
To clean Bob's side brush:
1. Remove the side brush using a flat head screwdriver.
2. Use the cleaning tool to remove debris on the side brush and the socket where the side brush is held.
3. Replace the side brush and re-tighten the screw.
To replace Bob’s battery:
1. Remove the battery cover on Bob’s underside using a Phillips head screwdriver.
2. Lift the battery out of it’s compartment, and unplug the connecting wires.
3. Plug in the new battery and slide it into the empty compartment.
4. Re-tighten the screws on the battery cover.
Do not let Bob sit with his power switch ON for more than 5 days; switch him OFF to conserve his battery, and remove him from the station.
If you are not using Bob for an extended period of time, unplug his charging station, remove his battery, and store everything in a dry place at room temperature. Do not leave Bob in direct sunlight.
What You Need: (click to shop)