Home Checkup System
If Bob is not performing as well as he should, you can diagnose the problem with a simple home checkup test. If Bob fails any part of the checkup test, he may need a replacement part. In this case, please call our customer care center at 1-888-549-8847 for toll-free support in the US and Canada, or email us at . Our hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm, PST.
To put Bob in checkup mode:
1. Flip Bob’s power switch OFF.
2. While holding down the CHECKUP button on Bob’s cover, turn Bob’s power switch ON.
3. Bob will chirp three times to let you know he is now in checkup mode. You may release the CHECKUP button. Do not press any additional buttons. While in checkup mode, the word “bObsweep” will flash on Bob’s screen.
Step 1: Edge Sensors
1. The 4 bars above the word “Check Up” should be lit on Bob’s display.
2. Lift Bob about 6 inches (15 cm) off the ground. You should see the 4 bars turn off.
3. Place Bob back on the floor and continue on to the next step. Do not press any additional buttons.
Step 2: Wall Sensors
1. Use a thick, flat, and white surface to imitate a wall and drag it around Bob’s bumper.
2. The 5 bars below the word “Check Up” should light up one at a time as you move your imitation wall from the left side of Bob’s bumper around to the right side. The far right sensor is less sensitive than the others.
3. You may move on to the next step of the checkup test. Do not press any additional buttons.
Step 3: Touch Sensors
1. Press the left side of Bob’s bumper and the bar to the left of the word “Check Up” should light up; press the right side of the bumper and the bar to the right of “Check Up” should light up. Release the bumper and the bars should turn off.
2. Press the center of the bumper and both bars on either side of the word “Check Up” should light up at the same time. Release and the bars should turn off.
Step 4: Charging Station
The charging station must be synced and plugged in for this step of the checkup test.
1. Press the GO! button on Bob’s cover.
2. Place Bob with his front facing the red light on his charging station, about 1 foot (30 cm) away. Keep blOck Plus™ away from Bob so its signal does not interfere with the test.
3. The words “Deep Clean,” “Quick Clean,” and “Touch Up” should be lit on Bob’s display.
“Deep Clean” and “Touch Up” represent the station’s sensors. If either one of them fails to light up on Bob’s screen, then there is likely something wrong with Bob’s charging station.
“Quick Clean” represents the signal on Bob’s bumper. If it fails to light up, then Bob likely needs a new bumper transmitter
Step 5: blOck Plus™
Both the front and left barriers of blOck Plus™ must be synced and turned ON for this step of the checkup test. Unplug the charging station so its signal does not interfere with this test.
1. Place blOck Plus™ with its front beam directly facing Bob’s front.
2. Turn blOck Plus™ so its left beam faces Bob front. The word “Deep Clean” should light up when it senses a signal from either side of blOck Plus™.
Step 6: Display Screen
1. Press the GO! button on Bob’s cover once more. Each icon on Bob’s screen should light up in a repeating rotation.
Step 7: Brush and Suction Power
1. Press the CLEANING MODE button on Bob’s cover.
2. Both the side brush and the main brush should start rotating, and you should feel air flowing from the back of the dustbin.
If Bob’s main brush is having difficulty moving, Bob will let you know by displaying that there is “something funny going on” with his main brush.
If Bob’s vacuum motor is behaving oddly or if his dustbin has been removed, he will display that there is “something funny going on” with his dustbin.
Step 8: UV Light and Wheels
1. Lift Bob off the floor or place him on his side to keep him from running away! Next, press the CHARGE button and his wheels should drive forward.
2. Flip Bob over and you should see his UV lamp lit. Do not look directly into the UV lamp.
3. Press the CHARGE button once more. Bob’s wheels should drive backwards and his UV lamp should turn off.
4. If Bob is having difficulty rotating either one of his wheels, he will display that there is “something funny going on” with either one of them.
If Bob completes the checkup test without any issues, then his internal parts are working properly!