Bob’s microfiber mopping cloth can pick up dirt while both wet and dry. You may dampen Bob’s mopping cloth with water or cleaning liquid before placing it on his mop attachment. Bob’s microfiber mopping cloth can be washed manually or in the washing machine. A spare cloth is provided in Bob’s package.
To install Bob’s mop attachment:
1. Hold the mop with the prongs near the top. Align the two prongs of the mop attachment between Bob's left and right wheels.
2. Press down on the mop attachment until both sides are secured.
Important Note: Remove the mop attachment when Bob is cleaning carpets or rugs. To do so, gently press the prongs inward and lift the attachment up.
To empty the dustbin:
1. Push the center button on Bob’s back to release the dustbin, then slide the dustbin on.
2. Open the transparent gate to empty the bin.
3. Make sure the filters do not fall out of the dustbin as you empty it.
To clean the dustbin:
1. Wipe the dustbin with a dry cloth, or brush it with Bob's cleaning tool.
2. When done, replace the transparent gate and slide the dustbin back into Bob.
Important Note: Never wash the dustbin nor fill it with water or any other liquid.
Three filters are located inside the dustbin’s ceiling. These filters capture fine particles and allergens, and prevent them from escaping the dustbin.
To remove the filters:
1. Eject the dustbin.
2. Then, pull the filter frame out. You will see three filter layers:
- HEPA Filter - for sub-micron particles
- Electrostatic Filter - for fine particles
- Mesh Filter - for larger particles
Use the cleaning tool to brush dust off the filters. If you are using Bob regularly, it is recommended that you change his filters about once every 6 months.
It is recommended that you remove and clean Bob’s main brush on a weekly basis.
To clean the main brush:
1. Remove the screw securing Bob’s main brush using a flat head screwdriver.
2. Use the cleaning tool to remove debris from the ends of the brush as well as the brush compartment.
3. You may use a pair of scissors to cut away hair or thread wrapped around the brush, or a pair of tweezers to remove congestion from the notches where the main brush is held.
To reinstall the main brush:
1. Replace the brush cap and insert the square end of the brush into the square notch inside the brush compartment.
2. Lower the brush into place and retighten the screw.
Bob’s side brush extends his reach and allows him to sweep along corners and walls. When Bob is first delivered to you, his side brush is not installed. It is recommended that you remove and clean Bob’s side brush on a weekly basis.
To install Bob's side brush:
1. Use the flat head screwdriver and short screw included in Bob’s box to secure the side brush into the empty socket on Bob’s underside.
To clean Bob's side brush:
1. Remove the side brush using a flat head screwdriver.
2. Use the cleaning tool to remove debris on the side brush and the socket where the side brush is held.
3. Replace the side brush and re-tighten the screw.
Dust on Bob’s wall and edge sensors can reduce his performance. Bob's wall sensors are located along his bumper, and his edge sensors are located on his underside. Regularly cleaning these sensors ensures that Bob keeps working at his best.
To clean the edge and wall sensors:
1. Wipe the wall and edge sensors using a soft cloth slightly dampened with cold water or alcohol.
For a more efficient clean, Bob is equipped with dirt sensors. If Bob reaches a particularly dirty spot while cleaning, his dirt sensors will activate, the word DIRTY will appear on his screen, and Bob will focus his attention on the spot. Bob's dirt sensors are located on the back wall of his interior, where the dustbin attaches.
To clean the dirt sensors:
1. Wipe them with a soft cloth.
What You Need: (click to shop)